Sunday, October 24, 2010

Simply Sibu

Time flew
Two weeks past silently
Well, I think I am getting adapted to here at Sibu

My reluctance of coming here
seemed to be not a burden to me
I would say I am finally relieved

Sibu,
a small town
yet, people here are simply kind
as kampung folk
the couple of householder for the house I'm renting is not excluded
my house here is almost, I would say is 99.9%, fully furnished
you name it, I have it here
TV? Yes
Air-cond?Sure
And how about fridge, washing machine, gas stove, sofa.....?
Of course, I have them here.
Now, you may think the rental fee must not be cheap
I would say: you are wrong, totally wrong,
It only costs me RM500 for the whole house with 3 rooms inside

Expenses over here would not be a problem for us
as a 4k-income government servant
you can spend like you are living in kampung area
RM2-3 you can get your stomach full
Yes, RM2-3...unbelievable
It would an advantage for me
as I can save a lot, hopefully is A LOT, of money
for travelling, my favourite hobby

However, Sibu is a boring town
no activity over here
Shopping? There are a few shopping complex, but the size.....
can't compare to West M'sia
Mostly consist of supermarket selling daily use
Hiking? Yes, so far I went for once
quite interesting, somehow
Beaches? Waterfall? Picnic site?
Nope.
Arghh!!
I get a shock response when my Sibu friends told me that:
Sibu people eat a lot,
spend weekend at home sleeeeeEEEPPP!!!
Haiz...you can imagine how my weekend past
mainly with drama and FB
Yet, not to forget to mention about cooking and painting...

2 comments:

  1. so artistic ah? still keep on painting... not bad.. then, can save money ma good lo.. can go japan....hahaha.... btw, i wish to take japanese course next sem, but maybe will hv very packed schedule...(but only if the class fit my timetable lo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the life in Sibu! I grow up there until 13 years old :) Can travel to Bintangor, Sarekei.... and have a look at other towns as well. Peaceful and quiet towns :)

    ReplyDelete